Review: Angel Fire by L.A.Weatherly

Book: Angel Fire
Author: L.A. Weatherly
Released: October 2011
Publisher: Osbourne
Second book in the Angel Trilogy
Pages: 708 pages
Copy of book: My own

Check out my review of the first book in the series, Angel here

Angel Fire was one of my most anticipated books of 2011 and am glad to say it lived up to my expectations, however with one minor flaw.

Angel Fire starts a day after the second wave of angels attempt of coming though to our world, once again with Alex and Willow on the run from the Church of Angels. Their journey takes them to Mexico where Alex is going to set up a camp and try and recruit more Angel Killers.

The whole book is thus set in Mexico and not only does Willow have to deal with Angels out to kill her but she has to deal with life in Mexico which is very different to her life in the US.

Once we get to Mexico we are met with an array of new characters. The main ones being Seb ( a half-angel just like Willow, WHAT, who has been looking for her his whole life) and Kara (an Angel Killer plus an old friend of Alex's who just happens to have a thing for him) LOVE SQUARE ALERT!!

The main threat is again the Angels wanting to get rid of Willow and have their plan succeed of taking over the world. However another threat has arrived in the form of the Council. Let's just say these Angels are like the President of the Angels, the Queens and Kings, the Gods of the Angels. And you though Raziel was scary!

Angel Fire is a massive 708 pages long and this was the minor flaw for me. Even though I loved the story I felt it dragged just a little in parts. Saying this I still loved it! I am even more in love with Alex and Seb even grow on me in the end. I can't wait for the last book in the trilogy, Angel Fever, released in October 2012!

5/5 Butterflies -Even though it took FOREVER to read! he he

3 comments

  1. Great review! I really can't wait to read this one, it sounds like my kind of read. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the first book, so now I would start reading this one! Thank you so much for the great review ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good .. thanks for the review :D

    ReplyDelete