YA Feature: Quinn Loftis



This weeks YA author is Quinn Loftis author of The Grey Wolves Series. Enjoy the interview and leave a nice comment for Quinn below :)
Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1)

Can you tell me a little about yourself and how you got into writing?

Well I'm a mother and wife. I had been a nurse for the past 6 years but now I have the opportunity to write full time so that is what I do.

I have always love to write. I use to strictly write poetry, but decided after reading several self published books that I would give it a go. I decided on paranormal because it's what I really like to read and it's so fun to write about.

Can you tell us a little about your series The Grey Wolves Series?

The Grey Wolves Series is about the Romanian Grey Wolves and their mates. The first book, Prince of Wolves (POW) introduces us to this world with Fane (the Romanian Grey Wolves Prince) and Jacque an all American girl who has no clue what mixture is running through her veins. She has two best friends who are beyond entertaining, and loyal to a fault. They themselves play a part in the Grey Wolves and we get to see their stories unfold in the books to follow. It's a world where dominant wolves are faithful, possessive and loyal and love their mates beyond all else. It's a world full of magic, darkness, good and evil, action and romance laced with humor that at times probably throws readers for a loop. I have fallen in love with these characters and I hope others feel that way when they read the books as well.



Blood Rites (The Grey Wolves, #2)

Where did you get the idea for The Grey Wolves Series?

I decided to do YA paranormal and on the tail end of that I decided were-wolves because they are just, frankly, bad @#%. They are so intense and loyal, easily angered yet so very redeemable. I knew that I wanted there to be some different twists than what is already out there although there are similarities as it is virtually impossible to eliminate all elements of what makes were-wolves, well, were-wolves. Truth be told, POW evolved as I wrote it. I didn't really have a plan, I just sat down, picked the names of the main characters and looked for a small town in Texas for my setting and then off I went.


The cover of The Grey Wolves Series are awesome. Who designed them and did you have much say in the designing process?

My cover artist for the first 3 books is also a good friend. We went back and forth on the designs. I looked photos and she did as well. She would play with it and send me a proof until we both felt she had hit the nail on the head. She isn't doing covers right now because she has so many other things going on so I dont want to put her name out there until she is ready.


Just One Drop (The Grey Wolves, #3)
The fourth book on The Grey Wolves Series releases June 7th. Will this be the final book in the series or will there be any more?

There will be 7 books total in this series. I am really enjoying writing it and will be sad when it ends.

Why should we read The Grey Wolves Series in one sentence?

Step out of your life, put your worries on hold for thirty minutes and join my characters for an unforgettable ride.

 

Anything else you would like to add.

Just a thank you to everyone who has taken a chance on my books. Who have given their time and money to support me. You all mean the world to me.


Out Of The Dark  (The Grey Wolves, #4)


Buy Quinn's Books:



Stalk Quinn:

www.quinnloftisbooks.com

Facebook: Quinn Loftis Books fan page

@AuthQuinnLoftis (twitter)

e-mail : lovetoread@quinnloftisbooks.com













No comments