YA Feature: Lyn Stanzione


Picture
This weeks YA author is Lyn Stanzione author of YA parnormal romance The Salem's Series. Enjoy the interview and feel free to leave a comment for the author!

 
Can you tell us a little about yourself and how you got into writing?

Ive always loved to write and became an English teacher. When my students would complain about the length of an assignment Id say, “You could write a book about that.” I had a student call me on it. He said, “If its so easy to write a book, why dont you?” I completed my first manuscript before the end of the school year. Then I joined a writers group and started really learning the
craft.

Can you tell us a little about your series about 16 year old Salem Cabot?

She is a young girl who becomes psychic after a head injury in the car accident that killed her father. Her life is uprooted and she struggles to live with the loss of her father, moving across country and making new friends, and harnessing the new ability she has been left with.
Picture
Where did you get the idea for the series?

My daughter. She asked me to write a book about a teen psychic because that was what she wanted to read. Actually, at the time she was in middle school and one day sat in the back seat of the car because she was mad at me about something. I started thinking, what if…? What if a child lost a parent when they were in the middle of an argument? When I put the two things together, Salem emerged.


Your books are YA paranormal romance is this the genre you prefer to write in? Would you like to try any other genres?

I have tried (and am still trying) different genres. My very first manuscript was contemporary romance. I like mystery and suspense. At this point I am still trying to find my true voice.

Why should we read your books in one sentence?

The Salems Series is a good read because it not only deals with teen issues, but is empowering.

Bookie Questions!

Fave book as a child and why?

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton because of the emotion it made me feel.

Fave 2012 read?

My fav YA this year was Hunger Games


Fave YA genre and why?

I love paranormals - I think all people would like to have more power and control over their lives, but teens crave it more. They are at the point where they need to start making many decisions for themselves, yet at the same time are not allowed to make decisions. Its the “grow up” and “youre just a kid” catch 22. The thought of having special abilities and powers is thus so much more appealing.

Complete this sentence:

My perfect summer day would be sitting beside the pool drinking ice coffee, eating chocolate and having a stack of books to choose from in multiple genres!

Buy Lyn's Books:

Amazon.com

Barnes & Noble

Stalk the author:


http://www.lynstanzione.com/

Facebook



 

 


 

 

1 comment

  1. Read this trilogy twice and loved it! Id never read a YA before Salem, and Lyn Stanzione has written a winner with this trilogy. I highly recommend these stories to adult and young teens alike.

    ReplyDelete