Interview: Jordan Link

The author: Jordan Link 

 



I played club volleyball for a couple years, and played in my freshman year of high school. I quickly lost interest. There were too many people who were better than me just because. I love to read, and my second group of friends were incredibly supportive of my writing. I did have a terrible friend experience in the eighth grade, but I wont elaborate for the sake of my sanity. During that time, I was especially enamored with reading, and used it as an escape.

I wont bore you to death with my contest wins, but I won first place in the Jack L. Chalker Young Writers' Contest in 2012 for my short story "The Bubble". It really verified, for me, that I could write.

Facebook   Twitter: JordanLink3

Writing

The way I got into writing was not unlike other authors. I read a plethora of novels, usually fantasy, but sometimes I would branch out into science fiction. I was completely obsessed, and I would gather a number of books from the library every time I went, searching for a new favorite. I began to realize that I could write when I won my first short story contest. I was nervous about reading it aloud in front of so many people, but I drew a few laughs from the audience.

About the book: The Sacrificed by Jordan Link





 
 
Blurb:
 
Emerald Hayden lives in the City of Centsia, a half-winged among the other walkers. She has no family, friends, or food: only a grim future filled with tiresome labor in the upper levels factories. But everything changes when she meets Dusk, a winged from the place that she previously scorned. He opens her eyes to a new possibility: the possibility of the unity of winged and walkers, of freedom, and of love. Together, they decide to challenge the upper levels supreme, winged council. But when a friend betrays them, they must choose whether to sacrifice their beliefs and save their own lives, or to remain along the thin line that divides the city in two. Success could mean liberty; failure, death.
 
 
Buy Links:

The Sacrificed follows Emerald Hayden, a 16-year old wingless girl who is residing in the City of Centsia. In the city, the winged are held above the walkers. The walkers are often Accused, sacrificed to them for the sake of superiority. The unwavering boundaries of the city are tested when Emerald meets Dusk, a winged boy who changes her entire perspective.

Why should we pick up The Sacrificed?


You should pick up The Sacrificed for a good dose of romance, a fast-moving dystopian plot, and a bold female heroine who fights for herself and others.

 

Bookie questions:

 
Fave:

 
Im pretty sure I put a different novel every time this is asked, so Ill include all of them! My top five are, in no particular order:

1) The Naming by Alison Croggon
2) The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
3) The Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan
4) The Selection by Kiera Cass
5) The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima
6) Honorable mention: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (I had to!)
  

YA author?

If I had to pick one, it would be J.K. Rowling. I went to midnight book releases, attended a red-carpet event in New York City, went to a Harry Potter summer camp, went to a Harry Potter muggle bus event, etc. I even have a movie poster from The Goblet of Fire on my bedroom wall. J.K. Rowling literally epitomized my childhood.


2013 release?

I admit, Ive been slacking when it comes to reading this year. That being said, The Elite by Kiera Cass is my definite favorite from 2013.


Fave book series?

The Harry Potter Series.


Debut YA author we should check out?

As I mentioned previously, I havent been reading much this year. You should definitely check out the other YA authors from Entranced Publishing. They are all very talented.
 


 

1 comment

  1. Hey, I just found this! Thanks a lot for the interview!

    ReplyDelete