Sunday Post #15- Neglected Blog & YouTube

The Sunday Post

The Sunday Post was created by Caffeniated Book Reviewerthis is a post where we recap on the going on's on the blog the week previous and the week coming up as well as the awesome books we have received, bought or been gifted for review!

Neglected blog...

I kinda feel bad as I neglected the blog this week. When I wasn't working, doing daily life things, watching my favourite TV shows - I can't take Arrow anymore my heart breaks every week, bring on the finale, getting distracted by coming home military videos and baby gender reveals on YouTube and still stuck in Seattle with Christian Grey (yay am still 're reading it, on the last book again) and kinda fell out of the blog loop. But am back on the wagon, I have some posts scheduled so I Should be all ready to go this week.

I did get a few posts up this week. A meme, a couple blitzes and a review. The review was of The It Girl by Katy Birchall which I loved. It was a fun, girly, funny read with a message but it wasn't heavy it was just what I needed in between some intense books You can check out my review here


YouTube....

While being stuck in the YouTube blackhole I watched loads of things from people falling over, to as I said above military coming home videos, to booktubers, I found some new songs I can't stop listening to. Here are some of my newly discovered songs...


I love this song I have it on repeat. The song is from Pitch Perfect 2. I haven't seen the first movie yet but I really want to see it soon as well as the new one. I just love Jessie J's voice. 


This is one of my summer songs. I love it.


I just had to add this as this is usually my favourite type of music I like, pop/punk/indie/Alternative music. This is a new favourite.

Before I get onto the books I got this week. I just wanted to share with you this poem I found. I thought it was beautiful. I work with little kids and this sums up exactly how I feel. My job is the most rewarding job in the world.



Now to the books:

Ebooks


This is currently FREE on Amazon. The tag line had me "Bridget Jones meets Fifty Shades of Grey in this hilarious romance series!"


This is released June 2015. It's NA Romance. (Netgalley)


This is already released. It's Adult Romance. Thanks Headline Eternal (Netgalley)

Physical books


Thanks to Penguin UK. I haven't read a Sarah Dessen book before but am looking forward to this one.


I won this VIA Hachette Ireland on Twitter.


I got this hardback for £1. In New condition. I just had to buy it.


I finally bought Things We Know By Heart, I forgot to pre-Order this so had to wait a while longer to get it. I am so disappointed by the cover. It's not as in nice in person and under the dust jacket it's just horrible. It's like someone has stuck it together with two colour tones and types of paper. Arghhh. I just don't like it I am sadly a cover snob. Am still excited to read it though. The Winners Crime I still haven't read even though The Winners Curse was a favourite of mine last year. My bad!


I have Me and Mr j from netgalley but it was released months ago and I just haven't got to it. So hopeful in paperback I will get to it quicker. I'll give you Sun everyone seems to love it so I just bought it for that reason LOL it does sound good though.

Reading Away The Days is affiliated with Book Depository please consider using my link to purchase books all profits will be put back into the blog. Click here

How was your week? What books did you get?

30 comments

  1. Oh my friend loves Arrow so much! She drives me crazy with it xD I guess I will have to cave in and watch it. Anyhow I'll Give you the Sun is wonderful! I truly hope you'll enjoy it. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some interesting reads there.

    I quite like Arrow but we're a little behind here in Australia and the latest season is yet to start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I love that blogger, who is she ?!!!" asks my eldest daughter, "she included Pitch Perfect 2's video !!!". She's a big fan ;) I've never read "Say my name" but every time I see that cover, I do want to pet it, don't know why ^^ Enjoy and have a great week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that song by Jesse J too, I've had it on repeat as well! Nice set of books, I'll have to check them out, not heard of a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you got some amazing books this week. I hope you enjoy them all. And I always love it when I find a good book deal :)
    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    El @ So bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these books, but a few are on my tbr pile. Enjoy!

    Thanks for popping over to my blog earlier. :)

    Jen @ EbonyInkReviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the poem! Youtube - the Internet in general - is definitely a black hole you can get lost in, but hey, new music!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh so many good read this week! I really want to read things i know By Heart and Saint Anything. I hope you enjoy your new books. Happy reading my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Days like this sounds like a great one. Hope you enjoy, have a happy mother's day and great upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I had to watch the Usher video twice, to see the male and female versions. lol. That was cool. Hope you enjoy your new reads and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books this week! Sarah Dessen is one of my favorite YA contemporary authors. I hope you enjoy Saint Anything!
    Olivia @ Fluttering Pages

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great book haul! SO many I want to get - I think I'll Give You the Sun is the one I am hoping to get soon though - Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've reread fifty shades recently as well! ;P and on that note I'm going to check out Mimi Strong's Peaches Monroe Stardust! You've always got such great youtube music recommendations on your sunday post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey! it does not look like you neglected your blog at all. Seems you had a productive. week. Thanks for stopping by my Sunday Post! I don't know if you notice but I'm actively recruiting for your U.S. summer tour :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got some great books this week! Enjoy them!
    -Britni @ Homeschoolin' Mommy Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow. So many lovely new books this week. I have my eye on a few. LOL
    Happy reading!
    My Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/05/10/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-108-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
  17. My hubby and I were watching Arrow, but got distracted by some other show. I'm not sure if we'll get back to watching it. Every time we get on Netflix we find yet another series to watch. Have a great week!

    Terri M., the Director
    Second Run Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know the woman is the Flashlight Song. We enjoyed Pitch Perfect with our hometown girl Anna Kendrick, though.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoy your books! I have been ogling Saint Anything. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Sarah Dessen. She's a great YA author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you enjoy Saint Anything, I ordered that as well :) <3 Benish| Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't watched Arrow, but I've heard about it. I'm currently obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so I feel your pain in neglecting the blog. I neglected my blog for about 2 months due to that obsession among other things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You got some excellent reads. Loved that poem. My daughter's preschool teacher was fantastic last year, and she made a remarkable difference in her life. I am looking forward to Pitch Perfect as well. I am hooked right now on Nate Ruess. Looking forward to his new album.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh, nice haul! I'm really excited to read Saint Anything, though I'll probably wait until I can get it from the library. Same goes for The Winner's Crime! Still haven't read The Winner's Curse so I'll have to get that from the library haha

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very nice haul! I LOVED The Winner's Crime (even better than the first, in my opinion!) and I'll Give You the Sun- plus, I hear the UK edition of it has fun drawings? That sounds like a win! I am bummed FOR you about the Things We Know by Heart cover! It looks like it would be so pretty in person, boo. But, it's a good book at least! Hope you enjoy them all, and have a wonderful week :)

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awwww :( Bummer about the Things We Know By Heart cover! I'm sorry you were so disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Don't talk about Arrow hurting your heart every week! I just started this show and I'm not sure my feels could handle that. But I am loving the show so far.

    Dreams @ <a href="http://adreamfrommyheart.blogspot.com>Once Upon A Dream Books</a>

    ReplyDelete
  29. YouTube is exceptional famous in the course of lockdown and almost anybody is playing YouTube in this period. To improve the presence of your channel the simply register with YTBPals and we can offer you 1000 free YouTube Subscribers and to check your websites DA PA, visit DA PA Checker tool on LetMePost

    ReplyDelete